Nelson Mandela University reserves the right not to make an appointment. In considering candidates for appointment into advertised posts, preference will be accorded to persons from a designated group in accordance with the approved Nelson Mandela University Employment Equity Plan.
Associate Professor in Building and Human Settlements Development (4257)
- South Africa -- Nelson Mandela Bay Metro -- Port Elizabeth
Friday, October 09, 2020
23 Oct 2020 23:59
CORE PURPOSE OF JOB
The core purpose of the Associate Professor in Building and Human Settlement Development is to create, develop and facilitate the acquisition of knowledge and skills by learners in order that they are able to function effectively within the profession and as productive members of the broader society.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Make a significant contribution to the education and training of undergraduate and postgraduate students in the Department of Building and Human Settlements Development.
- Undertake research that will provide answers to some of the most pressing challenges in the building and human settlements development.
- Respond to calls for presentations at conferences and to other interested parties nationally and internationally.
- Provide academic leadership.
- Contribute to Departmental research output, in accredited journals.
- Supervise final year and Masters students and promote Doctoral candidates.
- Contribute to intellectual leadership of the Department of Building and Human Settlements Development.
- Perform budgeting and financial management.
- Undertake teaching and manage staff in the Department.
In-depth understanding of the theory and application of Quantity Surveying and Construction Management in the Diploma Building and Advanced Diploma programme; and,
- Ability to facilitate learning at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Sound knowledge of the theory and application of Quantity Surveying and Construction Management.
- Experience of successfully supervising postgraduate research.
- Proven international recognition of specialist expertise especially in Quantity Surveying and Construction Management.
- A proven track record of the construction discipline and related experience and networking.
- Ability to work well with other members of the Department.
- Ability to contribute to the creation of knowledge by virtue of published research in peer-reviewed journals, scholarly books, conferences and/or other texts.
- Ability to participate in and play a central role in administrative duties.
- Have strong people management skills.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
In order to be considered for this appointment, candidates should:
- For Associate Professor: In order to be considered for this appointment, candidates should:
- have a relevant Doctorate.
- preferably be registered with a relevant professional body.
- show evidence of peer reviewed publications.
- have experience in University level teaching and research.
- have experience in supervising honours, masters and doctoral candidates.
No applicant would be accepted after the closing date (Friday 23 October 2020).
Nelson Mandela University reserves the right not to make an appointment. In considering candidates for appointment into the advertised posts, preference will be accorded to persons from a designated group in accordance with the approved Nelson Mandela University Employment Equity Plan.
For further details please download the job description below: