Nelson Mandela University reserves the right not to make an appointment. In considering candidates for appointment into advertised posts, preference will be accorded to persons from a designated group in accordance with the approved Nelson Mandela University Employment Equity Plan.
Associate Lecturer: Quantity Surveying (4853)
- South Africa -- Nelson Mandela Bay Metro -- Port Elizabeth
Friday, October 09, 2020
23 Oct 2020 23:59
CORE PURPOSE OF JOB
The core purpose of the Associate Lecturer post is to create, develop and facilitate the acquisition of knowledge and skills by students in order for them to function effectively within the profession and as productive members of the broader society.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Learning and Teaching which involves:
• Teaching, instruction, guidance and facilitation at undergraduate level
• Assisting and supporting students in their learning at undergraduate level
• The professional development of teaching practice and reflecting on the impact of teaching practices on student learning
Research and Creative Works which involves:
• The creation of new knowledge through:
- Own research
- Supervising BSc Hons (QS) students
Academic Engagement which involves:
• Actively contributing to the work of the university (committee membership and administration); that is, internal service
• Using professional expertise and applying knowledge to advance understanding and solve problems (external service), preferably in partnership with communities/organizations, etc.
Learning and teaching:
- Ability to facilitate learning at undergraduate levels
- Sound knowledge in the theory and application of quantity surveying
- Ability to supervise BSc Hons (QS) students
- Ability to contribute to research and knowledge creation through conference and journal publications
- Ability to network with relevant with communities/organizations, etc.
- Ability to contribute to the departmental administration
- Ability to work well with other members in the department
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills (Applicants will be required to present a short lecture during the interview session to evaluate his/her communication skills)
To be considered for this appointment, candidates should have a BSc Hons (QS) (4-year Quantity Surveying) degree and sound knowledge in the theory of the discipline and emerging
knowledge related to the application of the discipline. Relevant experience in the quantity surveying profession and/or relevant experience in teaching and research at tertiary level would be advantageous.
No applicant would be accepted after the closing date (Friday 23 October 2020).
Nelson Mandela University reserves the right not to make an appointment. In considering candidates for appointment into the advertised posts, preference will be accorded to persons from a designated group in accordance with the approved Nelson Mandela University Employment Equity Plan.
For further details please download the job description below: