Nelson Mandela University reserves the right not to make an appointment. In considering candidates for appointment into advertised posts, preference will be accorded to persons from a designated group in accordance with the approved Nelson Mandela University Employment Equity Plan.
Academic Developer: Foundations of Learning and Teaching (2090)
- South Africa -- Nelson Mandela Bay Metro -- Port Elizabeth
Friday, October 09, 2020
23 Oct 2020 23:59
CORE PURPOSE OF JOB
The purpose of this post is to enhance and grow the Academic Development portfolio, Learning and Teaching programs and practice, providing advice and support to ensure academic programs, and learning and teaching delivery are aligned with the strategic priorities of the University.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
To coordinate academic development programmes
To facilitate selected academic development / professional learning initiatives
To support and assist individual academic staff pertaining to a variety of Higher Education teaching and learning issues
To holistically support collaborative curriculum development at institutional level
To engage on additional academic enhancement initiatives as assigned by the Director of Learning & Teaching
To conduct research in academic development / SoTL
- Ability to plan, develop and facilitate flexible learning opportunities pertaining to teaching and learning in Higher Education
- Ability to initiate professional development programmes for staff at different levels
- Research skills and preferably a strong interest in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL)
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and productively in the absence of close supervision
- Excellent report-writing and communication skills
- High-level problem solving and conflict management abilities
- Excellent networking, collaborative and teamwork abilities
In order to be considered for appointment to this post, candidates must preferably possess an appropriate Master’s degree (e.g. in Education or Higher Education).
If the qualification is not in education the incumbent should be willing to complete a Post Graduate Diploma in Higher Education.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Higher Education of which at least 3 must be in the field of academic development
No applicant would be accepted after the closing date (Friday 23 October 2020).
Nelson Mandela University reserves the right not to make an appointment. In considering candidates for appointment into the advertised posts, preference will be accorded to persons from a designated group in accordance with the approved Nelson Mandela University Employment Equity Plan.
For further details please download the job description below: