Nelson Mandela University reserves the right not to make an appointment. In considering candidates for appointment into advertised posts, preference will be accorded to persons from a designated group in accordance with the approved Nelson Mandela University Employment Equity Plan.
Student Success Coach (2077)
- South Africa -- Nelson Mandela Bay Metro -- Port Elizabeth
Friday, October 09, 2020
23 Oct 2020 23:59
CORE PURPOSE OF JOB
Is to develop a high impact connection with a diverse student body on their journey through university, by actively and intentionally engaging them in developing a personalised success plan through goal-directed and collaborative learning experiences. Student success coaching helps create a sense of belonging and student ownership that aims to increase retention, persistence and graduation, enabling students to change their world. The post includes other aspects of Learning Development, in particular, First Year Experience activities.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- 1. Student Success coaching
- 2. Internal and external collaboration and communication
- 3. Research
- 4. Policy and procedure development and implementation
- 5. Development and Training
- 6. First Year Experience
- Knowledge of higher education trends, both nationally and internationally with a focus on student success, and student development.
- Knowledge of university processes, rules and resources and national legislation related to higher education
- Student and learning development knowledge and theories as well as student success
- Communication, Interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Critical thinking, Problem solving and Decision-making skills
- Presentation and information dissemination kills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of students, academics, professional and administrative staff.
- Research knowledge and basic data analysis skills
- Experience in case management embedded in ethical and professional practices
- Organisational, technological and administrative skills
- The minimum qualification required is a four-year professional degree in psychology, social work, or education with an emphasis on psycho-social and developmental/educational support.
- Professional registration as a Psychologist, Registered Counsellor, Social Worker or as an Educator with an inclusive education focus is a further requirement.
- At least 3 years of experience in coaching, advising or teaching diverse students related to enhancing academic success and retention in a higher education setting
No applicant would be accepted after the closing date (Friday 23 October 2020).
Nelson Mandela University reserves the right not to make an appointment. In considering candidates for appointment into the advertised posts, preference will be accorded to persons from a designated group in accordance with the approved Nelson Mandela University Employment Equity Plan.
For further details please download the job description below: