Nelson Mandela University reserves the right not to make an appointment. In considering candidates for appointment into advertised posts, preference will be accorded to persons from a designated group in accordance with the approved Nelson Mandela University Employment Equity Plan.
Director: Shared Services (3957)
- South Africa -- Nelson Mandela Bay Metro -- Port Elizabeth
Friday, October 09, 2020
23 Oct 2020 23:59
CORE PURPOSE OF JOB
Reporting to Senior Director: Support Services, the purpose of the job is to strategically and effectively direct the growth and maintenance of the Shared Services function, initially for the Support Services Division, the rest of the People and Operations Branch, and in time to include specific Faculties. This work will be done by leading a multidisciplinary team spanning HR, finance, procurement, ICT, commercialisation functions, supported by an administration hub. The focus of the work will be to develop, maintain and deliver innovative services and solutions to enable enhanced effective and efficient service delivery in ways that underpins and directly contributes to the achievement of the University’s operational and strategic objectives, mission and vision.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Strategic Leadership: Provide leadership and guidance to Shared Services that promotes a culture of accountability, and effective and efficient service delivery within Nelson Mandela University Service Delivery including business systems analysis to inform recommended business systems that may be utilised to increase efficiencies and support service delivery;
- Resource Management and Stewardship: Human, financial and other assets and most notably to oversee the implementation of an effective people management strategy to support service delivery;
- Business Development: Revenue generation and enterprise development;
- Governance: Develop and implement policies, processes and procedures ensuring all applicable legislation are adhered to;
- Contract Management – develop SLA’s with clients and service providers; and
- Trusted Business Partner: Foster the institution's business relationships with suppliers, clients (internal and external) and others.
- Change Leadership
- Project Management
- Strategic Orientation
- Innovation and Creativity
- Teamwork/ People Management
- Management of Human and Financial Resources
- Business Development
- Time Management
- Customer Centricity
B degree Honours in Operations Management/Business Administration
Project Management would be an advantage
6-10 Years relevant working experience
No applicant would be accepted after the closing date (Friday 23 October 2020).
Nelson Mandela University reserves the right not to make an appointment. In considering candidates for appointment into the advertised posts, preference will be accorded to persons from a designated group in accordance with the approved Nelson Mandela University Employment Equity Plan.
For further details please download the job description below: